Wednesday, July 13, 2016

6 Months Old!

I can't believe my girl is already 6 months old! On the other hand it feels like she has always been here.
She is starting has recently started to stand whenever she can. She has absolutely no balance and will pitch herself backwards often, fully believing I will catch her. She hasn't figured out sitting without assistance yet, the lack of balance is her downfall with this also. She rolls like a pro! 
The dogs are Teddys two favorite things to play with. She loves watching them and petting them. She is pretty gentle, although does pull ears on occasion. Juni (pictured) is very patient with her and enjoys her attention. Martha is more high energy and likes running in circles around Teddy, which she thinks is hilarious. 
Teddy has two teeth, which came in a few weeks ago. We thought teething was no big deal at that point, it didn't seem to bother her that much. I now feel the pain of the millions of moms with teething babies. There are no new teeth yet, but they have been making their presence known through a screaming baby for the last week. Constant screaming. Constant. I think my brain and ears hurt as much as her gums do. She is sleeping a bit more than normal (a blessing), except a night (unfortunate). In this picture she had been screaming for hours straight, I had paced back and forth the length of my house, tried nursing (not her favorite activity with painful gums), sang, rocked, given her toys, given her massages, all to no avail. As a last resort for my sanity I put her on the ground and walked to the other side of the house. Of course she fell asleep before I even made it there!
Ryan and I have finally found a child friendly sport which we enjoy- frolfing! There is a really nice frisbee golf course here and Teddy likes being outside. My best score is +9 (in 9 holes), so basically I suck, but it's fun!
The miniature displays at Walmart are Teddy sized!
Well, although there is much more that I could write, I think my child has had enough of sharing my attention with a computer. The constant screaming will end someday, right?

  


No comments:

Post a Comment